Not logged in
Staff Resources Hub
For our faculty and staff


Currently you do not have access to the Staff Resources Hub. Please contact Keith Hannon for any questions.

  • Frequently Asked Questions

    • What documentation must be submitted with the forms?

      Documentation Receipts: For travel expenses per actual cost (with original itemized receipt), it is vital tokeep your receipts. If a meal receipt is not itemized, you will need to note if alcohol was purchased. If you are paying for yourself and a business associate, you must list the name and organization of the other person (s). Documentation of your business or conference travel must be provided (submitted with the Travel Authorization form). For conference travel, conference materials (usually available from a website) detailing the dates and meeting schedule are required.For business travel, documentation showing participants and the business reason for travel is required. Acceptable forms of acceptable documentation include emails, agendas etc.Please contact a member of the business administrative team if you have questions about documentation or any other travel matter. For Mileage reimbursement see the Travel FAQ’s mileage section.

    • Which types of travel related expenses may not be reimbursed?

      Expenses which may not be eligible for reimbursement: Expenses not eligible for reimbursement through federal funds may include, but are not limited to: alcoholic beverages, lobbying expenses, fines, first-class travel, laundry, grooming products, entertainment expenses, drugs, tobacco, personal preference items or any unnecessary or unreasonable costs. * To determine unallowable costs, BTI uses: Federal Office of Management and Budget Circular No. A-122Note: If expenses include sales tax or alcohol, be sure to include a grant with a valid “B” number for those items. They must be reimbursed through BTI funds.

    • How is Mileage reimbursed?

      MileageMileage will be reimbursed based on the current IRS mileage reimbursement rate. Personal vehicles may be used for business travel when necessary. However, reimbursement is not to exceed the equivalent airfare. Use MapQuest or Google maps to document mileage. Please submit a printed version of MapQuest or Google maps with the Travel Reimbursement form. Submit airfare quotes for rate comparison.The following resources may be used to determine mileage and lowest airfare rates between two points of travel:

    • When I travel outside the U.S., how do I handle the exchange rate for expenses paid for in foreign currency?

      For each itemized expense you paid for using foreign currency, you must attach documentation of the expense converted into U.S. funds based on the exchange rate that was in effect on the day that expense was incurred. The following websites will assist you in this:

    • What do I need to know before traveling outside of the U.S.?

      Recipients of federal funds are required to abide by the provisions of the Fly America ActGalvin Travel is well informed regarding these requirements and is able to assist you in making arrangements that are in compliance with the Fly America Act.The Fly America Act requires that federally funded foreign air travel be performed on U.S. flag air carriers, unless an acceptable reason for not doing so is documented, (See “Exceptions.”) Acceptable reasons for not using a U.S. flagged air carrier are listed in the regulations implementing the Fly America Act and outlined in BTI’s policies regarding sponsored awards.)The Fly America Act refers to the provisions enacted by Title 49 of the United States Code, Subtitle VII, Part A, subpart I, Chapter 401, 40118 – Government-Financed Air Transportation, (49 U.S.C. 40118.)