In 2020, the Plant Science Research Network (PSRN) released its Plant Science Decadal Vision 2020-2030: Reimagining the Potential of Plants for a Healthy and Sustainable Future, a report that outlines bold, innovative solutions to guide investments and research in plant science over the next 10 years.
The PSRN calls on its community to unite around the Decadal Vision’s priorities and to inspire their government representatives and fellow community members.
“The Decadal Vision is a community-wide vision that is a powerful tool for communication and advocacy,” said David Stern, President of the Boyce Thompson Institute and corresponding author. “After all, the public should be the ultimate beneficiary of the vision.”
- Harness Plants for Planetary Resilience
- Advance Technology for Diversity-Driven Sustainable Plant Production Systems
- Develop 21st-Century Applications of Plant Science to Improve Nutrition, Health, and Well-Being
- Launch the Transparent Plant, an Interactive Tool to Discern Mechanisms and Solve Urgent and Vexing Problems
- Reimagine the Workplace to Nurture Adaptive and Diverse Scientists
- Build Capacity and Interest to Engage with Plant Science
- Develop New Technologies to Revolutionize Research
- Manage and Realize the Potential of Big Data